Wednesday 23 October 2019
Title: The Changing Retail Landscape and how to succeed
To succeed you must be inspiring, innovating and trying new things all the time. Examples of three business doing this well are Harrods, Fortnum & Mason and Primark. Two words for success: “Be relevant”.
Ask yourself and your business to write four bullet points to show why you are relevant e.g:
- Do you know your customer – their wants, needs and desires?
- Are you innovating – what are you doing in all areas to make customer needs and improve the business?
- Do you hire talented people – give them training and then space to grow as people make or break the business. You need leaders to inspire, management to ruthlessly implement (failure happens) and exceed expectations
- Do you keep change at the centre of your business – always move forward and get the whole team to move together to avoid silos
- am I doing everything I can be doing to thrill my customer?
- what am I doing to make my staff go from good to great?
- is the business making positive changes to succeed?
His book is Almost is Not Good Enough ISBN 9781911195641